Thursday 19 September 2019

Sept. 19, 2019, day 46: Gijon - Aviles, 26 km (870 km)

Today I already leave at 7:30. I do a longer distance today and first I need to get out of Gijon. It is okay to do that in the dark.
After 1 hour I reach the border of Gijon. No longer houses but ugly industry. While climbing Monte Areo I constantly see and hear the factories.

On top of the mountain I finally am back in nature.

I have a break at an old spring and then descent into Sante Eulalia.

A nice stretch with farmland follows, but far too soon I reach a busy road with fast driving card, again along industry. I even have to eat my lunch aside this ugly road.

This certainly is the least interesting stage of the Camino del Norte.
I am glad to arrive at the Albergue. It has 56 beds in a big dormatory. After me a lot of other pilgrims arrive.

After having done my laundry, I talk with a nice Australian couple who share their salad and wine with me. That also is the Camino!

Hasta manana,
Professor Conny


Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers