Thursday 26 September 2019

26 Sept 2019, day 53: Figueras - Lourenza, 31 km (1038 km)



I slept fantastic and I am confident that it will work out today.  After a good breakfast I leave the albergue at half past seven.  Against my principle, in the dark.  From Figueras, I walk to the long bridge over the Ria de Ribadeo.  From the bridge I have a nice view on the lights of Ribadeo and its harbor.  With the crossing of the Ria, I enter Galicia from Asturias.

 Once I leave Ribadeo, I can immediately start climbing.  I have a good pace and the steepness of the climb is not too bad.  I walk alternately between meadows and through eucalyptus forest. 

After more than two hours of walking I have my coffee break, just past O Vilar.  It's going really well today.  The sun is shining but a refreshing breeze makes sure it doesn't get too hot.  The views are getting more and more beautiful and I am happy to walk in the mountains again.

 In Galicia, the direction posts show how many meters (!) are left to Santiago.

 I have my lunch break with delicious brown bread and goat cheese at the church of Villamartin Grande.

 After that I descent to San Xusto. 


A hefty climb follows.  At the top a short break and then  I descent to Lourenza. 


The Albergue is quickly found and looks great again.  Shower, hand wash and blogging with my legs up.
 I am tired, but all in all it was not so bad today.  Along the way, I again met several pilgrims I already kno, but each walks at his own pace.  One pilgrim tells me that she has brought the sponsorship campaign for rare chromosome 6 disorders to the attention of her family and friends.  So sweet. I hope many more will do that.

Hasta manana,
Conny


Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers