Wednesday 25 September 2019

25 Sept. 2019, day 52: La Caridad - Figueres, 22 km (1007 km)


 It is not my favorite day today.  It starts and ends in a minor.  Must be due to fatigue.
 The hostel in La Caridad is fantastic, but why do people have to get up at 5:30 when it doesn't start tot become light until 8:00?  Slept too short, but remained in my bed stoically until 7:00.
 The weather is good, dry and a good temperature.  The start of the route is nice. 
After a Roman bridge, a choice point comes and I choose the coastal route. 
That route is said to be nicer and tomorrow I will go into the mountains and will no longer see the coast.
 Until Tapia de Casariego the route is rather boring with only paved agricultural roads, including a long straight road to Tapia.  After more than 2 hours of walking I am in Tapia on the coast.  Then suddenly it is beautiful again.  My coffee break with a view on the waves that hit the rocks.  I share my coffee with a Danish man, who shares his cookies with me.

 I walk further into Tapia, visit the town hall (for a stamp in my credencial), the church and the supermarket (I have finished all my food).  Then I decide to leave the Camino for a while and walk to the harbor of Tapia and along a boulevard with a beautiful view of the rocky coast.


 Also after Tapia I follow an alternative route to enjoy the coast for a while.  My next break is at the Playa de Penarronda.

I sit with a group of French people in the shelter of a chapel. 
 I feel a blister coming under my right heel.  That is very unusual for me.  Perhaps because of the many paved roads or the wet socks of yesterday?  Fortunately it is not far to the hostel in Figueres.  It is a beautiful hostel.  Perfectly clean, good beds and real sheets!
At the hostel, I have a look at my schedule.  I am still 3 km from Ribadeo, which means 31 km from Lourenza.  With the climbs that I have to do tomorrow 32 km is actually too much.  I try to find an alternative overnight stay, but all options before Lourenza are completo.  That is disappointing.  I decide to call for a reservation in Lourenza, then I can at least take my time for that long walk.

Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers