Tuesday 24 September 2019

Sept 24, 2019, day 51: Villuir - La Caridad, 27 km (985 km)


I need your help,
I have to confess that I am a little bit disappointed. Since I restarted my Camino I have raised only a little bit of money. What do I do wrong and how can I improve it? I know that I only walked short distances last week in order to spare my ankles. Luckily my ankles are still fine and I now increased the daily distances. I am convinced that I will make Santiago this time.
So can you please help me all to advertise this sponsor action within your network? I would be very greatful for that.

 Last night I was with 4 other pilgrims at a small albergue, where we were incredibly spoiled by Lua.  She did our laundry and cooked tasty and lots.  Breakfast was also immensely luxurious by Spanish standards with a boiled egg.
 At half past eight I set off.  Soon after, it starts to rain cats and dogs.  I quickly threw my poncho over me, but it rained so hard that the water from my bare legs flowed into my shoes.  In the shelter of a tree, poncho out and backpack off to find and put on my rain pants.  But in the meantime I am soaking in my shoes.

 Today the route goes mostly through slightly hilly agricultural area, where I regularly walk through a hamlet or through a small forest.  I walk alone to be able to walk at my own pace, which is better for my ankles.
 I have my coffee break at a picnic place in front of a farm.  My lunch break on a bench in the square in front of Navia's town hall.
 During both breaks I put on dry socks, so 4 wet socks dangle on my backpack in the afternoon.  But luckily in the meantime it is dry and even the sun sometimes shines.
 There are wooden road crosses in this region that indicate the direction to Santiago.
 Just after 3 o'clock I arrive at the private Albergue.  Fortunately I made a reservation, because both this and the public Albergue are both full and many pilgrims are sent on.  La Xana is a beautiful Albergue with lots of wood and a wonderfully sweet caretaker.


Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers