Thursday 3 October 2019

Oct 3, 2019, day 60: Arzua - Pedrouzo, 21 km (1187 km)


Everyone says that the way is more important than the goal.  But why do people get up at 5 am when you can't see the way until 8:30 am?  Like every morning, I stay in bed until 7 am.  All other beds are already empty so I can immediately switch on the light and do not have to fiddle in the dark.  As soon as I'm ready, I walk to a bar for my breakfast.  It is cold and foggy.

 Slowly but surely the fog disappears.

 The route is largely unpaved and runs alternately through woods and more open areas.  Occasionally there is some climbing and descending.



 There are many more bars along the route here.  At one of them I meet Thygge, Cindy and Matt.  A warm welcome, we all feel lost among so many new pilgrims, now our Camino del Norte (coastal route), has joined the much busier Camino Frances (inland route).  There are also many picnic areas, which is of course very pleasant.

 It a pleasant walk today, but constantly among other pilgrims.  With some I walk together for a while and have a chat, such as with a medicine student from Naples, two doctors from the US, and a father and daughter from the US.

 I arrive in Pedrouzo, my destination for today, early in the afternoon. 
 About 19 km tomorrow and then I'll be in Santiago!


Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers