Monday 16 September 2019

September 16, day 43: La Isla - Carda (Villaviciosa), 22 km (812 km)


The disadvantage of this season is that the sunrise is rather late.  At 8 am there is enough light to enjoy where you are walking.
Nevertheless, there are pilgrims who think they should get up at 5 am and several alarm clocks go off at half past five.  I turn around a few more times and get up at a quarter to seven.
Sunrise 8am La Isla

The route runs inland from La Isla.  Soon I pass an old Roman bridge.  This is followed by the nice town of Calunga.  After a stretch of flat road I cross the A8, after which there is a steep climb.

The advantage of this season is the ripe fruit.  In case of emergency ...
Lots of ripe fruit

Today there are several little old churges along the route. Unfortunately they are all closed. After a steep climb with beautiful views I reach the pre-Romanesque San Salvador church in Priesca.
San Salvador church in Priesca

After the village Priesca there is a beautiful, but first quite steep descent on an unpaved path, partly through forest.
I love forest paths

When I have gone under the A8 again I arrive in Sebrayo where I use the picnic table in front of the local albergue for a lunch break.
The A8, too often present today

Another climb follows, now in the sun, which makes me sweat a lot. But I am rewarded with a view of a Ria (river delta) and the coast.
Beautiful view towards the coast

The descent is first pleasantly unpaved, then on asphalt in full sun.  It is a pity that now the A8 can be heard all the time. After a final steep climb I reach the Albergue of the Spanish lady Montse. I am  to early, she is not open yet, but I can sit in the garden, in the shade.

I had a nice day with beautiful weather and my ankle gave no problems.
Best wishes, professor Conny

Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers