Saturday 28 September 2019

28 Sept. 2019, day 55: Abadin - Vilalba, 23 km (1084 km)

This morning I realized that I probably had left my scarf in the restaurant where I had my pilgrim's menu last night.  So I went back to the restaurant this morning, but unfortunately it wasn't there.  I went back to the hostel to have a good look, but unfortunately my scarf was not to be found.  I'm a little sad about that, because I once got that scarf from my mother-in-law and it was very beautiful.
 The walk today is slightly hilly and largely on unpaved paths and beautiful country roads.  When I leave it is not even 10 Celsius degrees and very foggy.  At 12 o'clock it's 13 degrees and still foggy.  Then the fog disappears, it becomes sunny and pleasantly warm.



 When I am on my way for less than an hour I catch up with an American couple with whom I have spoken before.  They wave me from far away with my scarf!  They had taken him from the restaurant because they thought I was staying in the same albergue as they were  The whole albergue now knows that I had lost my scarf.  Every time I come across pilgrims during the day they start to ask about my scarf. 
Very  old bridge

Wearing my scarf again

It is funny that you keep meeting the same people and getting to know them better and better.  I still usually walk alone and sometimes see no other pilgrims for hours.
 Today I also chatted with a German couple.  They also asked what the QR code on my backpack meant.  After my explanation they gave me some money for the project spontaneously.  So sweet.

 The route today was very beautiful.  Very rural.  No spectacular views, but just a nice walk.



Now I am in Vilalba.  The town has a nice church and an old tower. 


Today there is a fiesta, so music on the central square with, among other things, the Galician bagpipe.  I also quickly bought bread, because tomorrow is Sunday.

Do you want to support Professor Conny during her 1200 kilometre walk for Chromosome 6?

Donate options
JustGiving
PayPal
Geef.nl
Tikkie (Dutch only)

Direct bank transfer:
Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6
SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A (for international transfers)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers