Wednesday 28 August 2019

The count-down has started: less than three weeks to go!

I am eagerly looking forward to restarting my Camino towards Santiago de Compostela. As explained in my previous blog post, I now try to train every weekend, mostly on Sundays. I have been gradually increasing the weight of my backpack, and so far, everything is fine. My ankle is behaving as it should.

Result of the “Afsluitdijk” challenge
Many people followed my 32 km walk on the Afsluitdijk (see my previous blog post) via Twitter or Facebook. It was great to receive supporting messages and donations. We collected 244 euro (270 USD), and I want to heartily thank all the sponsors. You are great!

400 km left: on we go! 
On September 15th I will fly to Bilbao, and the next day I will return to the small village La Isla where I had to stop in June. On September 17th I will start walking again, making this day 43 of my 1200 km-walk for chromosome 6.

I will continue on the Camino del Norte:





Since I originally started in La-Reole, France, the numbers in the figure are not correct. For me the day starting in La Isla will be day 43.



Food on the Camino
In my post on July 31st, I gave you an impression of all the beds I have slept in. This time I made a collage of pictures I have taken of my food during the first 42 days of my camino. Just please keep in mind that usually I am more prone to making a photo of a good-looking dish than of a modest pilgrim’s menu!


With best wishes and thank you for all your support,

#ProfessorConny





No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to follow Professor Conny by Email

Donate options

Donate via PayPal

Donate via Geef.nl


Bank Transfer

Bank account: NL21 ABNA 0423 1266 95
In the name of: Stichting Steunfonds UMCG
Reference: 4950351 Chromosome6

SWIFT-BIC code: ABNANL2A for international transfers